About the Illness
Fever; irritability; sometimes pus can be seen in the ear; children cry and rub the side of their head.
In small children an ear infection can cause vomiting and diarrhoea.
If a child has diarrhoea, check ears for signs of infection; ear infections are common in small children,and are often experienced by HIV+ children.
If infection doesn’t clear after 3 days of treatment, seek professional help.
Pavetta crassipes good for all
Crush the whole plant and use 1 drop in each ear 2x daily for 3-4 days.
This should stop the pain and discharge immediately.
Black Jack good for all
Crush leaves and use 1 drop in each ear 2x daily.
Sodom Apple good for all
Take the spongy parasite that grows on the plant and heat it for 5 minutes.
Squeeze it and it will produce a clear, water-like liquid.
After cooling, put 1 drop in each ear 3x daily for 3 days.
Neem Oil good for all
Apply 1 drop in each ear 2x daily for 3-4 days.
Dosage for children is the same as for adults.
Food and Nutrition Advice
- Eat a light diet that is easy to swallow (soups, porridge, mashed foods).
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Avoid mucus-forming foods (dairy products, meat and eggs).
Body Work and General Advice
- Teach children to wipe rather than blow their noses when they have a cold.
- In small children, carefully suck the mucus out of the nose with a suction bulb or syringe without a needle.
- Do not let your baby breast or bottle feed while lying on its back,otherwise milk may get in the ear and cause infection.