Keeping the Kitchen Clean
- Wash all cooking surfaces (tables or flat boards) with clean water before and after preparing food.
- Use clean utensils for storing, preparing, serving and eating food. This means they should have
- been washed with clean water and soap.
- Wash utensils and surfaces touched by meat, poultry or fish with hot water and soap before preparing other foods
- Store kitchen utensils on a raised platform above the ground where there is sunlight and enough air circulation.
- Utensils stored on the ground are easily contaminated with germs.
- Cover food to keep flies and dust away.
- Keep rubbish in a covered bin and empty it regularly.