About the Illness
Chronic bronchitis is a serious long-term disorder requiring regular medical treatment.
Acute Bronchitis: hacking cough; yellow, white or green phlegm usually appearing 24-48 hours after a cough; fever and chills; soreness and tightness in chest; pain below the breastbone during deep breathing.
Chronic Bronchitis: persistent coughing producing yellow, white or green phlegm(for at least 3 months of the year, and for more than 2 consecutive years); wheezing and some breathlessness.
You should seek professional help if:
- Cough is so persistent or severe that it interferes with sleep or daily activities.
- Symptoms last more than a week, and mucus becomes darker, thicker, or increases in volume.
If so, you probably have a bacterial infection that requires further treatment.
- You have great difficulty breathing. This symptom could signal asthma, emphysema, tuberculosis, heart disease or a serious allergic reaction.
Bean Ash Solution good for kids
Dissolve 1 tbsp bean ash in 1 glass water and drink 3x daily for 4 days.(All children – take 1 tsp in 1 glass water 3x daily.) Then take Sonchus schweinfurthii tea (see below) for 2 weeks.
Warburgia ugandensis Solution good for adults only
Dissolve a pinch of bark in 1/4 glass of warm water OR take 3 leaves, steep them in 1/4 glass of warm water.
Take 2x daily 1 1/2 hours before meals for 4 days.
Then take Sonchus schweinfurthii tea (see below) for 2 weeks.
Zanthoxylum macrophylla Bark Solution good for all
Crush bark and dissolve 1/2 tsp in 1 glass water and drink 1 glass 2x daily.
(10-16 yrs: 1 glass 2x daily; 6-10 yrs: 1/4 glass 2x daily; up to 6 yrs: 1 tsp 2x daily)
Body Work and General Advice
- Drink lots of hot water.
- Do NOT smoke.
- Take exercise to help build up your lung tissue.
- Avoid cold meals and drinks.
- Eat small meals many times a day instead of big heavy meals which push the stomach against the lungs and causes discomfort.