Trust for Indigenous Culture and Health (TICAH) is a feminist organization creating positive links between health, culture, traditional medicine, sexuality, gender, food, and art activism.
We do this by:
- Listening and Co-creation - We start by listening to communities’ stories, cultures, challenges, opportunities, adaptations, and more. Through listening and discussion we co-create programs finding progressive ways to address Kenya’s most pressing issues.
- Safe Spaces and values clarification - We create safe spaces for people to openly share their views, values, challenges and experiences without judgment or repercussions. In these spaces, we also clarify values that we individually or collectively have about certain issues or ideas. By clarifying values, we establish areas where we connect and where we need to find mutual understanding.
- Facilitation and Training of trainers - We are facilitators supporting communities to organize themselves, find local solutions to challenges, advocate for change and protect one another. We have developed several tools to support conversations and learning in workshops. We provide these materials to local trainers and facilitators to share within their communities after they are trained on how to use them.
- Advocacy and Celebration - We raise our voices to advocate for better laws, policies and practices to protect rights, access to holistic health services, freedom of expression, indigenous culture, sexuality and reproductive health. We celebrate the beauty and diversity of ideas, ethnicities, religions, sexuality, music, art, genders, indigenous cultures, and traditions as expressions of a healthy society.
TICAH’s current main programme areas are:
- Indigenous Knowledge and Culture; based in Baringo, Bungoma, Homabay, Kajiado, Kakamega, Kilifi, Kisii, Kisumu, Kwale, Laikipia, Nairobi, Nakuru, Nandi, Narok, Samburu and Siaya counties
- Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights; based in Busia, Eldoret, Isiolo, Kilifi, Kisumu, Machakos, Makueni, Mombasa, Nairobi, Nyeri and Samburu counties
- Healthy Households; based in Kajiado, Machakos and Nairobi counties
- Art for Connection and Healing; based in Homabay, Kajiado, Kakamega, Kilifi, Kisii, Kisumu, Kwale, Machakos, Mombasa, Nairobi, Nakuru, Narok, Taita Taveta, Uasin Gishu and Vihiga counties
TICAH wishes to invite bidders to propose the best and most cost-effective solution to meet our requirements for specific goods and specific services as tabulated below.
TICAH will review submitted proposals and select contractors based on:
- Quality of work as demonstrated on the portfolio
- Expertise and experience
- Range of services offered
- Presence in multiple counties
*Note: Applications may be made for pre-qualification of more than one category of goods and services, but one submission can only be used to apply for one category of goods and services.
Interested firms and individuals should file applications together with relevant information and documents as listed below indicating that they are qualified to provide the required goods and services. The information should get to us by 27th March 2023, 1600 hrs. You can submit your application and support documents to our folder using this link.
Incase of any issues with the submission link, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Firms should include reference to the RFP No. for the goods or services. Information and certifications to be sent should include:
- The legal status of the firm (Enclose copy of Certificate of Incorporation/ partnership agreements/ business licenses ).
- Copy of valid Tax Compliance Certificate.
- VAT and PIN certificates for all Kenyan firms and individuals. We shall require work permits for international consultants.
- At Least 3 references/testimonials from previous or current clients
- A brief profile of the firm/ individuals, indicating relevant experience with details of similar assignments undertaken to demonstrate ability and capacity to carry out the specific service or provision of the goods for non-profit organization.
*Note: Each uploaded document should be referenced as follows: Company Name-Document-Year eg. TICAH-Tax Compliance Certificate-2023